Or everyone from L.A. who wants to see Mia, some other Belgian shorts, hear directors talk, and drink a Belgian beer.
Your wish has just been granted.
Click this link!
You lucky dog you.
- Name: Bert Vdc
- Occupation: Screenwriter
- Nationality: Belgian/German
- Location: Smack dab in the middle o’ Germany
- Qualifications: Screenwriting (Deutsche Film- und Fernsehakademie Berlin); Master in Pedagogics (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven)
- Portfolio: Mail me
About the site:
Welcome! This place mainly acts as my online portfolio, but because I obviously like writing in general it’s also a blog. I’m already getting confused.
Enjoy the read and feel free to drop me a line!
Thanks for coming to a page titles like a murder confession. Alas, it’s just boring ole writer stuff.
A few things I wrote:
- Mia (2013), a short film by Wouter Bongaerts about a little girl in a big city. It won a couple of awards.
- Sixteen episodes of Familie (2015), Belgium’s longest-running soap which I also watched as a kid.
- And now for the most complicated one: I have a hand in about 200 episodes of the German medical In aller Freundschaft – die jungen Ärzte (2016-current). I have done everything possible, starting as a floor writer who rewrites small scenes, then being promoted to an editor who rewrites screenplays, and then finally being bumped up to co-headwriter who oversees and guides script development. From the top of my head I think am credited for episodes 149, 162, 173, 192, 194, 204, 227, 240 and 243, and I co-wrote the second TV movie special Adventskind.